dhcp migrate from 2008 to 2012 server
Posted on 2013-06-13
i had a windows 2008 dc and a new windows 2012 server. i successfully migrated the 2008dc to win2012 and everything went well.
dhcp server was running on 2008 and while migrating the same to 2012 i faced following issues
steps i followed were
1) net stop dhcp server on 2008
2) install dhcp role on 2012
3) net stop dhcp on 2012
4) delete all entries from system32/dhcp in 2012
5) copy 1008 system32/dhcp and paste it on 2012 respective location
6) start dhcp services in 2012.
upon checking the dhcp in 2012 all scopes including reservation came propely.
but the main ip address of the server was showing as 169.-----
i tried to authorise the 2012 server and in the event of dhcp i noticed an error with event id 20079
how can i successully migrate dhcp from 2008 to 2012