The problem with IE is that when I open it, regardless of what home page I have set, I just get a blank white screen. If I type a website into the address bar I get an error message that says "http://whateverwebsite.com
is currently unavailable. ALL OTHER BROWSERS WORK FINE. I have already tried to following...
1) reset all IE settings.
2) uninstall 8 and reinstalled 8. uninstalled 8 again and reinstalled IE 7.
3) installed all windows updates
4) uninstalled all anti-virus and malware software AFTER SCANNING FOR THREATS.
5) reregistering all the dll files recommended by ms kb 902932.
6) run the command netsh winsock reset
7) tried IE logged in as a different user, same results
8) tried to run sfc /scannow but it won't let me. I think it's because I don't have the exact xp cd used to install the os.