I'm having some issues on one of my Exchange 2010 Mailbox servers. Here's the error when opening EMS, it's basically the same for EMC, as well:
VERBOSE: Connecting to EX2010MBX02.contoso.local
[EX2010MBX02.contoso.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is absent or invalid. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) , PSRemotingTransportException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
I feel like I've tried everything under the sun to fix this issue, but to no avail. I'm running this server as a VM on an esx server. Here's a quick summary of what I've tried:
1. Ensuring the system time is correct throughout the domain, even on the esx host server.
2. Editing registry keys to point back to the C:\PF\Exchange...\V14 folder. Setting the registry key to allow larger authentication packets.
3. Ensuring SSL was not required in IIS for powershell
4. Made sure my user had Remote Powershell Enabled
5. Made sure the WSMan module is enabled, but not registered on the server level
6. Tried replacing the web.config altogether from a healthy MBX server
There's actually much more, but they're not really worth listing. I'm wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction. Based on my detective google skills, this issue seems to be quite broad. If you require any more info, please let me know - I'd be happy to oblige. :D
Thank you for your help!