I am running Windows 7 pro on a Dell T3400. Up to now I have never had a problem with the pc. Now I have the strangest problem.
Each time I am in Windows explorer (not Internet explorer), when I right click on a disk drive to see the properties, immediately when I right click , Windows explorer says a problem has occurred and it has to restart. Usually a vertical menu appears and I would click on properties. The vertical menu never appears.
I have 4 USB drives connected to this pc. This problem happens on all the drives. Even the C drive.
What I have done so far:
See this link:
- I ran System file checker: no problems found
- I booted to Safe Mode, the problem occurs there.
- I scanned my pc for viruses, none found
- I ran the memory test - no problems found
- Test picture files: I performed the steps listed, the problem still occurs. The usb drives are filled with mpg and wtv files (don't know if that is related to this problem)
- I invoked the Action center. I have attached the report it gives.
Regarding updating the video drivers: I have not added or changed anything on this computer for many months. The video seems to work just fine.
I don't know what to do now. What would you do to troubleshoot this problem?