I am going to connect 6 switches on fiber for my 4 floor building,
I am attaching the low level network diagram for clear understanding here with,
below is my requirements:
All switches should get connected each other with redundant link (if one fiber cable is damaged second one should be available as a backup, so we will have the redundant link with each floors (not the redundant switch on each floor)
Kindly clarify my some queries as below:
1. My cable vendor shipped me single mode fiber cable for interconnecting the switches, so is this cable fine or do I have to go for mulimode fiber cable?
2. My cable vendor says ... you have to use SC-LC single mode Duplex adapter=is it correct? as cisco 3750X / 2960S SFP module will be compatible with LC connectors=True?
3. What SFP module I have to order if I have to go for 1G or 4G fiber = SC or LC? confused?
4. My cable vendor says ...you have to use SC/PC Pigtail OS2 PVC 1.5 m
+ SC to LC fiber connector...so what does he exactly mean by this?,,, &.. what I understood is...my 2960S switch connect as below:
-----> SC/PC Pigtail <----------fiber----------
-- LC connector---< ----Cisco3750X ( pls correct if I am wrong anywhere)
5. As 3750X comes with 12 fiber ports + 4 extra modules ports so all my 6 switches(6X2=12ports = pls refer to the attached net-diagram) will get connected with each switch with redundant link but can i use 4 extra ports to connect my 2 physical server with this switch = if yes...what I have to use to get it connected?
I am really sorry for long story....
Can anyone pls help me to understand the connectivity will be done in cisco with fiber...
many thanks in advance...