I'm trying to put a 2k12 std server into an sbs 2k3 domain. the forest lvl is set to 2k3. when I run adprep32.exe on the sbs server just to make sure im not missing something (since the gui can be wrong) it fails. attached is the log for the adprep32 run I did. I will also outline step-by-step what ive done when adding the new server to the sbs domain:
1. sbs domain is live and running for millennia as 2k3 forest lvl (I checked b4 the next steps)
2. connected 2k12 srv to domain X
3. "welcome to domain x"
4. rebooted 2k12
5. went to 2k12 dcpromo wizard
6. tried contacting a dc on domain x (the only one is the sbs server)
7. 2k12 returns "verification of replica failed. the forest level is windows 2000. to install a windows 2012 dc...."
any help is appreciated!