• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 716
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2010 Activesync

I run an Exchange 2010 server. I have several users of ActiveSync receiving emails on their cell phones. Starting last Friday we noticed several of the phones stopped working at 11:45am. This is a random selection of phones that are now not connecting. I pulled together information about each users device. What I have found is that the iPhone users are all still connected and receiving email. The Android users are a mixture. I have four Androids not connecting and two Androids that are still connecting. I cannot find a link as to why the phones cannot connect. I removed my account from my phone which was one of the four not connecting and tried to setup my account fresh. After setting up the account the phones start "Checking incoming server settings" then the error appears "Unable to connect to server". Any ideas?
0
tdbrowning
Asked:
tdbrowning
  • 5
  • 4
1 Solution
 
AmitIT ArchitectCommented:
Upgrade your server to SP3 RU1, this issue is fixed with RU1.
0
 
tdbrowningAuthor Commented:
Downloading and will apply tonight.
0
 
tdbrowningAuthor Commented:
Installed the SP3 RU1 and still have same issue. No connection allowed from Cell.
0
VIDEO: THE CONCERTO CLOUD FOR HEALTHCARE

Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

 
AmitIT ArchitectCommented:
Would you test the user, which are not working using exrca.com site. If it is connecting fine, then it is an issue with Android device software.
0
 
tdbrowningAuthor Commented:
FYI about the changes last night for those that might read this in the future.
I applied SP3 with RU1 last night to my Exchange. After applying the SP and the Release I discovered my email stopped sending outbound. After research and testing I discovered that the RU1 patch screws up Exchange Transport Rules. So if you are using Transport Rules do not apply the RU1 piece. As for the SP3 it appears to work fine.
0
 
tdbrowningAuthor Commented:
I ran the test from exrca.com and it passed without issues. That sucks just because it could now be the cell phones which makes things even harder to figure out.
0
 
AmitIT ArchitectCommented:
For Transport rule issue, you can disable it, call MS and they will provide you an interim update for free.

Secondly, if Active sync is passed via exrca.com site, then there is no issue from server side. It could be bug with android OS.
0
 
tdbrowningAuthor Commented:
You are correct about bug on android os. I downloaded Touchdown trial and phone works fine. I guess I will have to tell my users to start downloading. Lol!
0
 
AmitIT ArchitectCommented:
:)
0

Featured Post

Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

  • 5
  • 4
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now