OS: Oracle Linux 2.6.39-400.21.2.el6uek.x86_64
DB: Oracle 184.108.40.206 plus April 2013 CPU
I have a couple of databases on a relatively newly created server that I'm having issues with.
I can set ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID e-vars and do either of the below just fine:
sqlplus / as sysdba
rman target /
However, for either if I attempt to add "@SID" after the connect string:
sqlplus /@test as sysdba
I am getting ORA-01031 insufficient privileges
I have been getting along just fine until I had to clone one database to another. When I was trying to use RMAN to connect to both target and auxiliary at the same time I found the error above and thought I'd try it out in SQLPlus to see what I could see.
I have spent the last several hours searching google, EE, Oracle Support and haven't found much yet.
Things done so far:
* Verified permissions on oracle binary (set as 6751).
* Oracle OS user is a member of the dba group
* Checked the group setting in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c
* Reset the SYS password and recreated the password file to the same password
* Remote_Login_Passwordfile is set to EXCLUSIVE
* Tried adding SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(ALL) to sqlnet.ora on the server
* As a part of an earlier RMAN issue I created descriptors for the database instances in listener.ora
I'm wondering if I have something wrong with my listener configuration since the base connect (/ as sysdba) works just fine but it's not until I add @sid that starts giving me grief.
Any insights would be greatly appreciated.