Sharepoint 2013 Master Page Does not appear in branding options
Posted on 2013-06-24
Problem with deploying master page in SharePoint 2013. I have outlined the steps I have taken and the results below. My new masterpage with custom logo control and new "Composed Look" works on the site when I deploy though the feature receiver, yet the "Composed Look" does not display on the Change the Look page nor does the master page show as an option in the Change Site Master Page file.
I have confirmed all files are being updated to the proper locations: the color and font files to "_catalogs/theme/15/ and the Masterpage file to "_catalogs/masterpage/".
1. I downloaded a copy the seattle.html page, renamed it to CCETeamsiteMaster, and edited it to replace the logo control with a custom control.
2. Used Design Manager in my dev site to create a master page based on that html file.
3. I added the master page to a module inside a 2013 Sharepoint Farm Solutions project inside Visual Studio 2012.
4. I deployed to the farm and went to my test site. I see the files here in SharePoint Designer (in the masterpage/page layout library), but I do not see them in the Master Page Gallery at all, nor in the "Master Pages" section within SharePoint Designer.
5. The new master page does not show as an option in the Change Master Page configuration page.
6. I applied the new master page and composed look files to the site via a Feature Receiver, and the new MasterPage and theme works.
7. When I go to "Change the Look" my composed look does not display as an option. It does show in the list at Site Settings --> Composed Looks.
8. If I alter the Composed Look to used an OOTB master page, it does show on the "Change the Look" Page, and that indicates that the issue is with my custom master page.
9. I have spent hours on it but have not determined yet what the error is that prevents the custom "composed look" from showing in the options. I suspect that it may be because the content type is not set for my custom master page files.
10. HOW can I set the content type on these files programmatically? (this look will be applied to thousands of teamsites in an automated fasion, so a manual application of the content type is not feasible.)
11. What are any other issues that may be causing my problems?