For three weeks now, our users have not been able to delete from OWA - that is by right-clicking on a message and deleting but if they double-click on it and go into it, they can delete it. Also, they can delete fine from OWA Light. Believe it or not, I have been working daily with Microsoft on this for two weeks and I have gone through 8 different techs there.
Here is our setup:
2 CAS servers, 2 DAG servers - Exchange 2010 SP2 - Rollup 5
While working with Microsoft, I have ran every diagnostic, monitoring and logging tool known to them and sent them dozens of log files.
The Microsoft Tech even went as far as to re-install Exchange on one of the CAS servers, essentially removing and re-installing the CAS role and after he finished, I changed my host file on my pc to point to that server and we still encountered the same issue.
We have done pretty much everything I have read while researching:
1. Deleted or Renamed the Web.config files
2. Deleted and Recreated the WebServicesVirtualDirectories
3. Removed and Re-established the bindings in IIS
4. Verified redirection in IIS
5. Rebooted and Reset IIS I don't know how many times.
When we try to delete in OWA, two things happen:
1. The user sees the following message: The Action you tried to perform couldn't be completed because there's a configuration problem on the server
2. Event ID 108 shows up on the CAS server- basically repeating the message above.
3. I checked for Custom Host Headers in IIS and we don't have any.
Microsoft suspects a binding issue in IIS due to the fact that we cannot browse our localhost or local IP on the CAS servers -- In IE, however, I installed Chrome and we can do it there?
Anyhow, they are now leaning towards formatting our two CAS servers and 2 Dag servers and starting over. That is not something we want to do.