I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I have XCode 4.0.2 installed. I have one important iPhone App for a client that I developed in this environment. This app could at any time need changes and release.
I also now have a new iPad project. Customers will be buying new iPads so I expect the latest iOS will be on them. I need to release a proof of concept version first. I am having trouble deciding what to do to my development environment. I want to be able to do development on my existing app but also use the latest (non beta) XCode to that I take advantage of all new features. What would you do. Note, I am registered iOS developer and even if I need to pay a bit for new OS or XCode that would be fine. But my MacBook Pro is the only Apple Mac machine here and if it is corrupted in any way I would be in big trouble :-(