• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 354
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync - Error 500

Hi,

I've a big problem whis Exchange 2003 and AvtiveSync.
3 month ago i had a big problem with IIS and my metabase.xml file was corupt.
And I could not restore the file.

Now i find a problem when I want connect a mobile device at my exchange server.
When i test my access to activesync with https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ i have : error 500 and i don't find a solution.

It's posible to reinstall completly ActieSync with default setting ?

Thanks for your help
0
Nicolas-Lambert
Asked:
Nicolas-Lambert
  • 8
  • 7
1 Solution
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
There is no need to reinstall Activesync - just run through my article and if you still have no joy, let me know.

The usual fix for the 500 error is to delete and re-create the IIS Virtual Directories as per KB883380.

What may also help, if you have Forms-Based Authentication enabled for OWA is to follow KB817379 and add the Exchange-OMA Virtual Directory.

My Article:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/A_1798-Exchange-2003-Activesync-Connection-Problems-FAQ.html

Alan
0
 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
Tkanks for your help, but...

I have test the KB883380 resolution and I have : 500 error again

I have test whis SSL and whisout SSL : 500 error.

Another idea ?

Nico
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
What about the rest of my comment?  Have you been through my guide?
0
Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
Sorry,

I have reconfigure all IIS parameters with your guide.
And all authentication methods are configure on Integrated & Basic.
But all this configurations don't change the final result : error 500 !

Thanks for your help
0
 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
I worked all my week-end on this problem but I doesn't find any solution
Have you an other idee ? Reinstall somme component of Exchange server ... ?
0
 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
Helo,

alanhardisty can you continue to help me ?

Thanks a lot
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
Sorry - missed your last posts.

Please re-install Exchange 2003 SP2 as that can help remedy the situation.

You may have issues doing this with Intelligent Message Filtering, so please let me know if you do and i'll let you know how to overcome the issue.

Alan
0
 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
Sory but, I board already reinstall SP2 and I was forced to uninstall the message filter.

and the result : Error 500
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
Okay - that's a pain.

Then we are stuck looking at DNS I think as an issue.

Can you please post a screen-shot of your DNS Zones (hide the real name if you like).

Thanks

Alan
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
Sorry - I meant from your server (preferably a screen dump) of your DNS Forward Lookup Zones as the server sees them.

Thanks

Alan
0
 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
sorry but I don't understand. what would you like ?
Have you an example ?

I see you are a diver ! Me too. I'm diver instructor ! The world is very small :-)
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
I'll get a screen dump and post it in a sec - hold fire.

Alan
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
Here's what I mean:
DNS Forward Lookup Zones
0
 
Alan HardistyCommented:
Okay - I cheated a little on this one and worked remotely (because I knew it would take a month of Sundays to resolve going back and forth).

There were a few problems:

There was a disjoined namespace which was fixed using KB257623 creating and running the fixdomainsuffix.vbs file and rebooting the server
SBS DNS was pointing to 127.0.0.1 AND another DNS server.  I changed the settings to point only to itself using the actual IP address not 127.0.0.1 and changed the 2nd server to point to the SBS server initially, then to itself for secondary DNS
The SBS server was in Journal Wrap, so I fixed that with the D4 Burflags (Authoritative Restore) solution from KB290762
Once the Journal Wrap condition was fixed (also had to start the File Replication Service on the 2nd server) I followed KB883380 to delete and re-create the Exchange Virtual Directories
Finally, I followed KB817379 to create the exchange-oma virtual directory that was not present initially, although the registry key was
Having gone through all of the above and then using my article to check all the IIS settings (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/A_1798-Exchange-2003-Activesync-Connection-Problems-FAQ.html), I then ran IISRESET and we then tested on the test site (https://testexchangeconnectivity.com) and finally got the lovely green Tick of Activesync Happiness!

Alan
0
 
Nicolas-LambertAuthor Commented:
Perfect
Thanks a lot again
0

Featured Post

Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

  • 8
  • 7
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now