Solved

This Field is missing from returned result set from data source

Posted on 2013-06-27
9
1,800 Views
Last Modified: 2013-06-27
SSRS 2008

Added another field to my stored procedure query.
Refreshed my report data set
See field in data set
Went to data set query designer and ran query and see field with data
Execute report and data does not appear in the report.

I see these 2 warning messages which explains why I do not see the data on the report.
But do not know how to correct.
Never have seen this before. It was such a simple change.

Have spent hours on this.

HELP
Presentation1.ppt
0
Comment
Question by:thayduck
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 5
  • 4
9 Comments
 
LVL 65

Expert Comment

by:Jim Horn
ID: 39281616
<Potentially stupid questions>
(1)  Did you execute the change in your SP so that it is returned?
(2)  Is the SSRS textbox for this new column Hidden?
(3)  Is the SSRS textbox for this new column separate, or part of the matrix/tablix that has the Data Set that uses the SP?
(4)  Is the SSRS textbox for this new column containing a typo so that is is not referring to the new column?
(5)  Is the Color same as the BackgroundColor
0
 

Author Comment

by:thayduck
ID: 39281643
I did try putting a different field from my query into that textbox and that field (with data) did appear in the textbox. When I put the field in question back, the textbox is blank.

It is all part of one tablix. Very simple report. Very simple change. I went to the internet and users have complained about this same issue.
0
 
LVL 65

Expert Comment

by:Jim Horn
ID: 39281660
>'The field is missing from the returned set from the data source'.
That implies the SP has a column named Konzsy, but the data set does not.
Perhaps a good idea would be to complete delete and re-create the data set.
0
Space-Age Communications Transitions to DevOps

ViaSat, a global provider of satellite and wireless communications, securely connects businesses, governments, and organizations to the Internet. Learn how ViaSat’s Network Solutions Engineer, drove the transition from a traditional network support to a DevOps-centric model.

 

Author Comment

by:thayduck
ID: 39281676
I have done that many times already.

I can see the field in the data set.

I see it (with data) in the query but do not see the data in the report.
0
 

Author Comment

by:thayduck
ID: 39281773
I see what the problem is
They recently switched us over to sql 2008 r2.
My sql database for this reporting system was on server sqluat009.
It is now on server sqluat027.
I changed my data source in my report to sqluat027
When i ran data set query I see my field with data but do not see on report.
I made the same change to the report stored procedure query on the old server sqluat009.
Now when I execute the report, i do not get any errors and the report shows my data.

So what it looks like, when I execute the data set as a query, it runs over sqluat027, but when I execute report, it is running stored procedure from old server sqluat009.

Do you know how I would make sure everything is run over the correct server which is sqluat027 ?
0
 
LVL 65

Accepted Solution

by:
Jim Horn earned 500 total points
ID: 39281800
Nice.

>So what it looks like, when I execute the data set as a query, it runs over sqluat027, but when I execute report, it is running stored procedure from old server sqluat009.
>Do you know how I would make sure everything is run over the correct server which is sqluat027 ?

How many Data Sources are we talking here?  
   If there's only one, then as long as that is set to whatever is the 'correct', all Data Sets should run off of it.
   If there's more than one, then you're going to have top open each Data Set, and make sure it's pointing to the correct source.

Also, if users are running these reports off of an app server, you may have to do a Right-Click:Manage on each .rdl, and point to the correct source, and hit Apply.
0
 

Author Comment

by:thayduck
ID: 39281894
I deleted my shared data source and recreated a pointing to correct server, now everything is working correctly.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:thayduck
ID: 39281922
Thanks for you help. It got me pointed in the right direction.
0
 
LVL 65

Expert Comment

by:Jim Horn
ID: 39281938
Thanks for the grade.  Good luck with your project.  -Jim
0

Featured Post

Business Impact of IT Communications

What are the business impacts of how well businesses communicate during an IT incident? Targeting, speed, and transparency all matter. Find out more in this infographic.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Steps to solve SSRS SQL 2008 R2 User Access Control (UAC) Permission Error With the introduction of SQL Server 2008 R2 and Vista (Windows 7 as well) came new enhanced security features. One of the features included was User Access Control (UAC) t…
This code started out as a fix for a customer that had incoming data that was hunderds of numbers and words long that was to fit in one column. The problem was that the customer did not want to split words or numbers when wrapping in the column. …
Nobody understands Phishing better than an anti-spam company. That’s why we are providing Phishing Awareness Training to our customers. According to a report by Verizon, only 3% of targeted users report malicious emails to management. With compan…
This video shows how to use Hyena, from SystemTools Software, to update 100 user accounts from an external text file. View in 1080p for best video quality.
Suggested Courses

732 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question