I have a MacBook Pro. I want to learn how to backup files off of MAC with dead hard drive using Ubuntu Live CD or another Linux live cd.
Steps taken so far:
1) Booted Ubuntu Live DVD on MAC
2) Opened terminal in Ubuntu and typed "sudo nautilus"
3) After typing "sudo nautilus" and pressing enter I could open and view all OSX files in UBUNTU
4) Problem - when I try to copy the files or folders to an External hard drive Ubuntu says "The folder cannot be handled because you do not have permissions to read it"
5) I tried formatting the external hard drive as "FAT" and as "Extended Journaled" and neither one helps
More than 75% of all records are compromised because of the loss or theft of a privileged credential. Experts have been exploring Active Directory infrastructure to identify key threats and establish best practices for keeping data safe. Attend this month’s webinar to learn more.
In my business, I use the LTS (Long Term Support) versions of Linux. My workstations do real work, and so I rarely have the patience to deal with silly problems caused by an upgraded kernel that had experimental software on it to begin with from a r…
As many people are interested in Linux but not as many are interested or knowledgeable (enough) to install Linux on their system, here is a safe way to try out Linux on your existing (Windows) system.
The idea is that you insta…