I have been asked to create an SSIS package to download recurring files from an ftp site. I have set up a package that readily downloads and inserts multiple files into a table. The problem is removing the ftp files. I had set up a for each loop that reads the files in the load folder and then archives them and then attempts to delete the files from the ftp site. The archive, using a filename variable works but unfortunately presents an invalid filename to the ftp server. The archiver reads a local folder - c:\locfolder - and correctly copies multiple files to the archive. When presented to ftp the filename is set to - c:\localfolder\filename (where filename is the correct file name. The ftp task uses the same variable for filename.How to resolve that issue?
It would be ok to overlay the evaluated expression with the proper values but can not seem to get it to work.
1. this is sql 2005 sp2 not sql2008 or sql2012
2. i am using a for each loop with a file task and an ftp task and only one variable filename
which is produced by looping through the local folder
3. replacing the ssis tasks with a script is ok but no c# only vb
ANY solution must be clear on the specifics:
1. variables and expressions must be clear
2. if a script no c# and any variables clear
3. no internet links only a very clear answer to how to resolve the expression problem or