We have 1 user using Outlook Anywhere outside the office on a win 7 laptop, office 2013 outlook. there's only the 1 user so I don't know if it's a server or laptop issue. the laptop has been in the office and is part of the domain.
Outlook was working OK for a week. Now they get a pop up titled windows security
then it says microsoft outlook
connecting to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
and prompts for username and password.
we tried domainname\user and password for the domain. we've tried just username but we click OK and it comes back up
there's a space for other credentials and we try things there also.
outlook status bar says 'trying to connect'.
using owa, we get in ok with those credentials.
using testexchangeconnectivity.com it says everything is ok with the username / password we've been using.
1 thing i noticed - when setting up outlook for exchange, I entered remote.domain.com and it changed that to mail.domain.local. but that was last week and it worked ok for a while.