Hello all. I'm trying to move dbfs from one database to another. I thought this would be simple, but it's really stumping me.
Here's the latest I've tried:
lcCurrentDB = pData + "olddb"
lcNewDB = pData + "newdb"
OPEN DATABASE (lcCurrentDB) SHARED
SET DATABASE TO (lcCurrentDB)
lcName = "item_type"
lcTableName = pData + lcName
USE IN ('lcTableName')
REMOVE TABLE (lcTableName)
SET DATABASE TO (lcNewDB)
ADD TABLE (lcTableName)
My idea was to simply iterate all my tables (about 20) through a block like above to remove them from the old db and associate them with the new.
I know I'm probably not approaching this correct in the code above.
Something that may be causing additional problems is the fact that this is necessary due to a program name change.
I thought to change the name all I would need to do was rename the .exe, the project files and the db, which I did through Windows Explorer, then recompiled.
Later I realized this might not have been the best approach, and I've been trying to move these tables to the newly named DB since.
Finally, I copied the old DB files back and they now reside in the same directory as the new (renamed) DB files.
I do have complete backups so if I've totally messed things up just let me know and I'll restore and start again.