In my lab, I've tried multiple installations, but keep falling short of success for the Remote Desktop Services (VDI) - RD Gateway role.
I'll keep it short... I have a RDS installation set, which works perfectly in my internal network. Attempting to get internet clients connected is where I'm having the issues. I know I need the RD Web role installed (this is 100% installed and working, as I can see the published VDI pools)
When I install the "RD Gateway" role, the wizard completes successfully - but then it never registers that it's actually installed. I'm attempting to install this role onto the same server as the "RD Web" role.