Hi: Running Win 2003 Domain, Win xp, Vista and Seven workstations.
All GPO's were working fine. Last Monday a generic user we have that's used EVERYWHERE in the company lost access to it's own folders. It can't access his own Documents folder or any folder under its user profile.
I've force replication between DC's and rebooted workstation several times as well as ran gpupdate /force, gpupdate /target:user and gpupdate /target:workstation.
- No new GPO's. No changes I've done. The other manager tells me he didn't do an thing.
- I've checked the usual suspects "hide access to drives" and "prevent access to drives" and they're not configured.
- I've checked other GPO's just in case but they're not configured either.
- I modified the specific GPO for that user and disabled the "hide" and "prevent"
- I've created under Computer\Pol\Wind Settings\Sec Settings\File System and object granting that specific user Full Control on the folders and propagated to sub-folders.
- I've checked the GPO from top to bottom for anything that would cause this behavior.
- I recreated the GPO using basically same setting (thinking of corruption)
- I restored 2 backups of the GPO from before the problem.
- Since the GPO is applied at the OU level, I placed it at the bottom of the list so it would have precedence.
- I've delete the user profile and the registry (ProfileList)
I'm going to disable all other GPOs and just leave the user specific GPO. After that I have no clue what to do next.