We have a web site that is hosted internally that users who are also situated internally sometimes have trouble resolving. Sometimes when they try to resolve the URL, they receive the "Page Cannot Be displayed" in the web browser.
The workaround we have found is to flush the DNS cache on the client computer using the following command from a command line prompt (I've put it into a batch file):
We have 2 Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controllers that is also serving as a DNS servers.
So far we've only been able to test with Windows clients, but I am thinking of trying a Linux client as well in order to see if it's not isolated to Windows.
Having said that, I'm wondering if anyone has an idea as to what is causing this or how to fix this without having our users always resorting to running a ipconfig /flushdns