I have an interesting scenario that I need some assistance with.
The long and short of it is that I have a payroll application that I'm trying to virtualise into Citrix XenApp 6.5 as a published application. I have successfully installed the client onto a Citrix Server with the relevant connectors, and have relocated its associated SQL DB's etc. That side of things definitely works.
The issue is when a payroll officer accesses the Citrix version of the application, the dates are around the wrong way. Basically, the dates are in US format, when we are in Australia.
To give you as much information as I can in regards to what I have tried so far, plus some insight on our environment, I will try to flesh out some details as best as I can.
* Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
* 20+ servers in the XenApp 6.5 Farm
* 4 servers utilised as published desktop servers
* 4 servers utilised as published application servers
* 3 test servers
* 2 zone data collectors
* Windows Server 2003 mixed mode (we have two 2003 servers remaining, so can't raise the functional level yet)
* OU's have been created with specific group policies targeting the relevant servers in those OU's
* Development/Production/Development/Test servers have different policies to cater for their needs
* Provisioning Services 6.1
* Two Provisioning Services servers for production and one that is shared among test and development
* Separate Images for Published Applications and for Published Desktop
* All servers are virtualised on Citrix XenServer 6.1 with all updates upto date
* All servers using shared storage on an EMC VNX 5300 SAN
* In order to virtualise the application, I took a copy of the existing image for Published Application as I don't need a separate server for this one application
* Image placed into Private Mode (read/write), into a server with no GP.
* Relevant packages installed, successfully and tested by the end user.
* Whilst in Private Mode, set regional settings successfully as well as timezone etc.
* Sealed the image, and powered back up as Shared Mode, but found that the regional settings had reverted back to the US.
* Checked an existing Desktop Image that is in Shared Mode, and the regional settings are correct
* Powered down a Desktop Image that was correct, and mounted the new image to this server. Checked the regional settings and it was incorrect.
By mounting the image I'm having issues with onto a server that was working fine, and still having it revert the regional settings to the US, leads me to believe that these settings are not GPO based (or GPP) but something inside the image itself.
Would anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? The having the date format around the correct way for Australia is critical as this is a payroll application and having it wrong would be a disaster if we let it go unchecked.