Access 2010 Query wirh SQL Backend Getting a ODBC error message?

I have a Access 2010 DB Frontend llinked to a SQL 2008 Backend.

I have a Query to update a table field  fronm another Table Field.  The
Update Query work perfect with a Access 2010 Backend.  But with SQL I get an ODBC error message ( see Attached Doc with tScreen Shots of the Query and ODBC Error message.

Anyone know what is causing this error message, have not founf anything specifice to the error message, yet.

Anyone have a solution for this error message?
Access-2010--SQL-query-to-update.docx
doublexAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Jeffrey CoachmanMIS LiasonCommented:
Not sure, as a wild guess, make sure your ODBC driver are up to date...
Does the SQL table have a primary key?

lets wait for an SQL expert as perhaps the left join has something to do with this...
0
doublexAuthor Commented:
Everything is working fine, except this update Query and I am only updating one field.

I have been researching the issues but have not found an answer yet?
0
doublexAuthor Commented:
ODBC INVALID ARGUMENT VALUE (#0) WHEN UPDATING A TEXT FIELD IN ACCESS TO SQL 2000

Any one have an answer for this error messageINVALID ARGUMENT VALUE ( or a solution to what is causing this.  I still have not found anyting specific to this on the Internet?
0
The Ultimate Tool Kit for Technolgy Solution Provi

Broken down into practical pointers and step-by-step instructions, the IT Service Excellence Tool Kit delivers expert advice for technology solution providers. Get your free copy for valuable how-to assets including sample agreements, checklists, flowcharts, and more!

Jeffrey CoachmanMIS LiasonCommented:
Can you post the actual SQL, then state what the specific datatypes are of the field to be updated, and datatype of the value you are trying to update it to...

Things to try:
1. Does this work if you change the Join to an inner join?

2. Try the criteria like this:
    Len([Account_Cond])<>0
or...
    Not IsNull([Account_Cond])
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
doublexAuthor Commented:
Both fields are text fields  just doing an update
I'll give it a try on Monday
Thanks
0
doublexAuthor Commented:
I tried your suggestion changed the join to inner, but I also adjusted the Query.

It appears to be working now?

See attached:


I am going to test it, more that it is doing the Update correctly.

Thanks for now
SQL-update--query-changed.docx
0
doublexAuthor Commented:
I used part of his suggestion and added part of my solution to make it work.

Thanks for the inner join suggestion.
My final answer is in the File I had attached.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Access

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.