Exchange 2007 > 2013 Mailbox move


I am trying to migrate from Exchange 2007 to 2013.  There are about 50 mailboxes in the organization.  I successfully moved the first 12 or so but no more will move.  I'm using the web console to initiate the moves and the shell to monitor them.  When I do a move the status is Queued.  I stop and restart the MS Exchange Mailbox Replication service and the status goes to InProgress but nothing more happens.  I waited on a few small mailboxes many hours over the weekend and they never go beyond InProgress.  I don't believe its a single afflicted mailbox as I've tried several different mailboxes one-at-a-time.  I've tried stopping and restarting the MS Exchange Mailbox Replication service and I've restarted both servers.  

The old server has SP3 and RU10.  The new server has CU2.

Thanks for any ideas.

Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

You can take a look at Step-by-Step Exchange 2007 to 2013 Migration the bolg have four part

Still if problem persist you can try 3rd party vendors for migration; which will recover your exchange and move all mail boxes the tool are irrespective of number of mail boxes for a single exchange server you can recover as many of mailboxes
Malli BoppeCommented:
Does event viewer have any errors or warnings
Does the databases in the exchange 2013 has mailbox limits. If so remove them and try again.

To perform a quick conversion of the selected or all mailboxes I can suggest you to try some links given below:

If still you are unable to solve in your problem, then as said by Pankaj it will be good to use third party tools.
Simon Butler (Sembee)ConsultantCommented:
If you run get-moverequest | get-moverequeststatistics from EMS, what percentage does it show? You need to look at the logs to see whether something is being logged during the move.

If you remove the requests and do one at a time, does that change things?


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
labdunnAuthor Commented:
I found the problem thanks to Simon's suggestion to use the get-moverequeststatistics.  There I discovered the moves were stuck in a StalledDueToCI state.  I found an article about creating the group ContentSubmitters".  I followed the steps in this article, rebooted the server and the moves are going smoothly since.

Thanks to all for all your help.

It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.