I am trying to set up Android for developing an app, but have run into some problems. I had this up and running last year while working on the same app, but had to put things aside for a while. Now my PC is gone so I need to reinstall the same environment I had. Partly because I was used to it and partly because my PC is to old to run the latest versions of Android.
This is what I have done so far on a PC with a newly installed Win7.
1) Installed Java JDK 7.25
2) Installed eclipse Indigo v3.7.2. Extracted it to “C:\Dev\eclipse”
3) Installed Android SDK Tools revision 16 and choose “C:\Dev\Android” as its install path. I do not start the SDK Manager since I believe the documentation says not to.
4) Installed ADT v16.0.1. Installed normally from eclipse using Help - Install New Software. It is already downloaded and is installed using the Archive option. All "Developer Tools" that appears is selected and installed. Eclipse is restarted as requested.
5) I am now presented to a "Welcome to Android Development” window. I choose her to only install Android 2.1, not the latest version which are the two only options. Target Location is set to “C:\Dev\Android\android-sdk” who I believe is the correct path. I get a Warning "The directory is not empty". Not sure if this is OK, but I accept it.
6) I then get the options to install the following:
Android SDK Tools, revision 20. This will replace revision 16 with revision 20.
Android ADK Platform-tools, revision 12.
I say No to the first one because I don’t want to upgrade and Yes to the second because I do know I will have an error later saying I must install that one anyway. Installation is then finished without errors.
But this is where I have got stuck somehow because I am now unable to create an AVD or create a project because I have no targets to choose from. Also I have no targets to install using the SKD Manager.
Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?
Why am I not able to create an AVD from the target v2.1 that I did download and install.
Why am I not able to use the SKD Manager to download any other targets or reinstall v2.1?
Please don’t ask me to upgrade. I need the same as I had.