Rotating JavaScript not working in IE9 (when will IE go away?)

I'm working on a site...base design from Template Monster.  Unfortunately, the rotating image/text area looks like crap in IE9...which my customer currently uses.  Looks great in 10, Chrome, and Firefox on both PC and Mac, so I need some help as I've tried a couple of things and they're not working.  I'm attaching a screen shot of what they're seeing.  This shows the text of each rotation overlapping.  I've also seen variations where the text and button are cut off on the right and showing up on the left.  Weird.

Since I'm not that great w/Javascript, I'm at a loss.  I don't know if it's a stylesheet issue, or something with the JS so I'm hoping someone will see the issue right away.  

Here's a link to the website:

Let me know if you see anything.  Thanks.
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

The problem is not with the javascript.  The CSS is not compatible with IE9.  I would contact template monster.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Before you do anything you need to address the 95 HTML validation errors and decide if you are doing an XTHML document as specified in the doc type, or HTML5 as suggested by the use of HTML5 tags.

Once you have some clean code then the javascript will have some prayer of working.  The incompatible CSS is often not a problem because the browser should ignore what it does not understand.  Once the HTML is cleaned up we can she if there are shims for the CSS.

The Ultimate Tool Kit for Technolgy Solution Provi

Broken down into practical pointers and step-by-step instructions, the IT Service Excellence Tool Kit delivers expert advice for technology solution providers. Get your free copy for valuable how-to assets including sample agreements, checklists, flowcharts, and more!

StellaBobAuthor Commented:
OK CBOLdinosaur I went though and cleaned up the HTML5 errors...all except for the '&' signs I use in my URLs.  The 'errors' were pretty nothing.  Mostly that I didn't close out different tags (meta, img, etc.) with />, or God forbid, I used align= in an image versus a style.  This is challenging when my clients update their sites as most of the editor boxes I've incorporated into my CMS system add these so-called 'obsolete' items.

Anyway, as I suspected, this didn't change anything.  The rotating image still shows up bad in ID 9.  Short of going back to Template Monster (which might be fruitless), are there any other suggestions?
RobOwner (Aidellio)Commented:
I understand your frustration with this but it needs to be completely ruled out.  If you don't conform to those standards then how can you expect the browser to behave as you'd like?

If your CMS inserts these "obsolete" items then you shouldn't be using HTML5 elements.  I would specify a previous doctype and work with that version e.g. like XHTML 1.0 Transistional or HTML 4.01 Transistional etc.  The browsers still conform to those.

Once you've got your page in the right specification and no errors etc then post back.  You're otherwise leaving it up to the browser.  See here with reference to HTML5 and IE9
StellaBobAuthor Commented:
I did address all of the errors with the exception of the '&' signs, as they're not errors.  The validator shows 17 errors that are all reads:

"& did not start a character reference. (& probably should have been escaped as &.)"  

But it's not intended to be a character reference.  Question...does HTML5 no longer allow us to use URL variables (e.g., about.cfm?ID=1&PID=2, etc.?)  If that's the case, that kinda sucks.  Let me know.  Thanks.
The proper way to code it to standard is to use urlencode values %26 should replace & in an url and htmlentities  & should be used in markup.

It appears that the issue is not so much with IE9 as with the author of whichever script is not accommodating IE9.  With that many different script libraries is is about 75% probable that there will be a conflict or incompatibility. The probability of cross-browser issues is 90%+.  

The only way to fix it is to disable the scripts one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem source, and then go to the support for that script (if one exists and see if there is a workaround.

Normal diagnostics are really of little use because the scripting has altered the Document Object to the point where is just a bowl of mush.

I've requested that this question be deleted for the following reason:

Not enough information to confirm an answer.
StellaBobAuthor Commented:
While I went through all the code and corrected the so-called 'errors', which did nothing, I ended up just contacting Template Monster and they send me new JS files which did the trick.

"The only way to fix it is to disable the scripts one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem source, and then go to the support for that script (if one exists and see if there is a workaround."


Just saying.

It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.