SQL server licenses confusing me

Hi All,

I would like to use SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2008 R2 for our business database which has about 60 - 70 users.
We currently have a Xeon E5620 Server with SBS 2011 on it which is Windows Server 2008 R2.
Can you still get the SBS 2011 Premium add on which gives you SQL Server 2008 R2?
Do you need CALs for both SBS 2011 and the Premium add on?
SQL Server 2012 seems very expensive if I need to buy 60 -70 CALs at $330 each (Australian Dollars).

Thanks for any advice.
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Brad HoweDevOps ManagerCommented:
The answer is you need to purchase the premium add-on and then premium CALS for SBS 2011 for the 60-70 users that need to acess the SQL server.

Client Access Licenses Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-on Client Access Licenses (CALs) are required for access to the SQL server software.

SBS 2011 FAQ

Licensing details

Hope it helps, I know it is expensive,

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
DiscoStubaccaAuthor Commented:
Thanks Hades,

This seems like the way to go, $7000 to $8000 for 2008 R2 or $24000 + for 2012.
I'll have to get purchasing soon I think as 2008 R2 doesn't look like it will be offered for too much longer.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Server OS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.