Can I ask a few basic questions about snapshots;
1) For what purposes do you create a snapshot of a VM?
2) Is there any genuine need to keep them for long periods of time?
3) Are there in risks in keeping them for a long period of time?
4) And I did read that aside from filling up datastores – they can actually impact the performance of the VM for which they are a snapshot of? Is this correct? If so how does the S/S impact the performance of that VM? Or is this a myth?
5) Do you have any sort of policy around snapshots/clearing up of snapshots?