Product Numeber: 669045-425
Model: HP ML350p Gen8 E5-2609 2.4Ghz 4GB (1x4Gb) P420i/512MB FBWC 4x1Gb Nic Diskless SFF 1x460W EU Svr/Top Value
The Guest OS is Win Srv 2012 Essentials.
I'm not sure how to update the BIOS. Intelligent Provisioning doesn't suggest any updates. The BIOS is now P72 12/14/2012
It seems that HP has the newer BIOS for the Server.
Installation instructions seems to apply to a normal Win Server installation. Not for ESXi 5.1 solution. See below, I don't think it works.
1. Obtain a formatted USB Key media.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and change to that directory.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx.exe file and follow the installation wizard to complete the SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.
4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.
5. Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on to boot to the USB Key.
How do I update the BIOS?
Thanks in advantage.