I have a client with a Windows Server 2000 server they wish to replace.
I am not familiar with the foundation version of server, nor with Server 2012 so my question is three part.
1) I am familiar with server 2008 and 2008 R2, is it much of a learning leap to 2012?
2) Are there limitations on 2012 Foundation vs. 2008 R2 Foundation?
3) Would 2008 R2 Foundation / 2012 Foundation be adequate or will there be a gotcha down the road. I am aware of the 15 user, no virtualization, single CPU, 32G RAM limits.
Client needs are:
1) Single server domain with all the related services (DNS, DHCP, AD)
2) File/print services
3) SQL Express
4) Typically no internet access (client is very nervous of internet and only hooks up the cable when absolutely needed).
5) LogMeIn or similar
Any advice on which to choose?