I have 2 SBS2008 R2 SP2 servers (running at two separate companies)
Both are Getting this “Remote Desktop Connection” error dialog box whenever they try to connect to their “Workplace” remotely.
“The wizard cannot configure remote desktop connection settings. Make sure the client version of the remote desktop protocol (RDP) 6.0 or later is installed on this computer”
- Confirmed the URL is added to the local computer’s “Trusted Site Zone”
- Click on "compatibility" settings and place the site in compatibility mode.
I google’d several related articles and none of them had a definitive answer
- One user is using XP Pro to connect and the other is a Windows 7 Pro.
- Both server have been up and running near a year with no issues and folks have been able to connect remotely until just recently
- I assume it may have been a Remote desktop client update thru Microsoft updates
Is there something I should be paying close attention to resolve this issue?
- Do I need to reinstall a new certificate that I created from the server?