I have a unique issue. First of all our company is running Exchange 2007 with the latest patches and rollups.
1. My user sent a an internal email to another person in the company from Outlook 2010.
2. He checked his Sent Items folder to see that it went through.
3. Sender closed Outlook 2010, shut down his computer.
4. Called the recipient and verified he received the email.
5. Sender went home and opened Webmail and checked in Sent Items folder and noticed the email was not shown.
6. In the morning, sender opened Outlook and checked Webmail and Sent Items was current.
Is there a reason for the email to not be shown in Sent Items folder even after verifying recipient had received email?
I tested the same scenario this morning and verified this. I checked the Exchange message tracking log and sure enough, the email was not found on the Exchange server but I received his test email. When I opened his Outlook 2010 and pressed send/receive, message showed up in message tracking. What's going on with this? Can anyone bring light to this?