Licensing Win2008r2

Got a DC that needs unlicensing and new one licenced.

Using VAMT and have MAK codes.

Delete the old server and licence new, losing a licence?

Process is?
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Sushil SonawaneCommented:
CHI-LTDAuthor Commented:
i know how it works, just need to know if i can revoke a used licence?
Sumit GuptaSystem and Virtualization EngineerCommented:
Yes, you can do that but its all depending on type of license too (OEM or Volume).

All you need is to call Microsoft and give them old licence on phone and they will generate a new one for new server.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
CHI-LTDAuthor Commented:
They are Volume licences by way of MAK in VMAT
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows Server 2008

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.