I’m migrating from Exchange 2003 to 2010 and are struggling with the Autodiscover setup.
When I connect external with Outlook 2013 it keeps asking for username and password.
I then have to logon with localdomain\username twice to finish the wizard. I’m really keen on getting this right so that e-mail address and password is the only thing that’s needed.
When I try to create an Exchange account on an Android device the server settings are found when using the administrator account, but it doesn’t accept the username/password. When using a “normal” user it fails to find the server settings at all.
I have ran Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer for Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP) and ActiveSync. Both tests finish successfully using the autodiscover.externaldomai
n.com DNS record. But still I got this problem with Outlook and Android.
Outlook and Android devices works fine after manually configuration.
Maybe this has something to do with the SAN certificate since it doesn’t includes the mailserver.localdomain.loc
al name? Or Basic/NTLM authentication?
This I what I have done:
• Created a GoDaddy SAN certificate with this domain names:
• Activated Outlook Anywhere with NTLM authentication
• Changed the URL’s for the Virtual Directories
Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity localhostname -AutodiscoverServiceIntern
ctory -Identity “localhostname\EWS (Default Web Site)” -InternalUrl https://mail.externaldomain.com/ews/exchange.asmx
ctory -Identity “localhostname\EWS (Default Web Site)” -ExternalUrl https://mail.externaldomain.com/ews/exchange.asmx
Set-OABVirtualDirectory -Identity “localhostname\oab (Default Web Site)” -InternalUrl https://mail.externaldomain.com/oab
vesync (Default Web Site)” -ExternalURL https://mail.externaldomain.com/microsoft-server