Recently migrated to Exchange 2013 on Windows 2012 server all exchange roles on one server. All appears to be working ok except Activesync. Two issues are occuring with activesync:
- Authentication seems to be working incorrectly
- user enters name and email address and password and hits next on phone
- user is then required to enter server name and internal domain username "domain.lan\username" and password again for the connection to be made.
- after that, connection appears to be made successfully
Once the connection is made we run into the second issue:
- email is received on the device but whenever a user tries to look at the message it always says "this message has not been downloaded from the server"
- this happens for all messages
- user cannot send from iPhone either
Not sure if these two issues are related or not.
The only clue in the exchange server is this error that "seems" to appear any time an attempt to read or send email happens on the phone.
EVN = 4999
Source = MS Exchange Common
Error - Watson report about to be sent for process id: 13856, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 15.00.0712.024, w3wp#MSExchangeSyncAppPool, M.E.Data.Storage, M.E.D.S.InboundConversionOptions..ctor, System.ArgumentException, 8e1d, 15.00.0712.023.