I am currently migrating a Windows 2003 R2 AD to Windows 2008 R2 AD. I have done all of the upgrades and demoted all of our current 2003 DCs and am ready to raise the functional level to Windows 2008 R2.
Are there any concerns that I need to be aware of before raising the functional level. We have 17 sites all together and I definently need to make sure that it is a smooth transition.
- We have a mix environment that utilizes Windows XP, 7 and 8
- We utilize DFS (Windows 2003 R2)
- Windows 2003 DHCP
- Exchange 2007 SP2
- Certficate Authory (2003 Member Server)
- 2 Terminal Server Licenses Server (2003 Member Server and 2008 Member Server)
- Citrix Servers (4.5 on windows 2003 servers)
- All of our applications are database driven (SQL 2000,2005 and 2008)
- We do not utilize print servers at this time
Thank you for all of your help in advance