I have finally taken the plunge to do my first full Cisco config and install
The modem/Router Cisco 887VA.
Things I have completed
- Change the hostname
- Enable secret username & passwords
- it had the CP express loaded into the config... I managed to work out how to get that going and also establish a connection and make some minor alterations such as DNS.
- Set ip address to Vlan1 since Fastethernet doesnt work on L2
But now I cant seem to get a connection via network cable!!! it just keeps prompting to plug a network cable in.
What I did to stuff it up -
- While logged into (CP) via network cable to my laptop I attempted to change the ip to 192.x.x.x range from the default 10.0.0.0
Since doing this I can only gain access via console cable.
I would really appreciate some advice on
- (A) how to get back in to the CP
- (B) advice or pointing in the right direction on how to complete via the CLI
Should I just follow this documentation
or is there a better alternative?
thanks in advance.