Mailbox migration suspended move stuck at 95%

Posted on 2013-09-29
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2013-10-16
I am migrating mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to 2010. what I have done is to suspend when it is ready to complete. I have created 500 move request of such moves. A week later when I am ready to complete the move it stucks at 95%. A few manage to gets completed but it takes 2-3 hours to complete the remaining 5%.

Any suggestion on how to speed up the completion?
Question by:artcrest
LVL 63

Expert Comment

by:Simon Butler (Sembee)
ID: 39531689
You need to look at a log to see what the problem is.
It shouldn't take that long, but if there is an issue with AD replication for example, that can cause it to stall.
On one that has completed, look at the log.


Accepted Solution

vSolutionsIT earned 2000 total points
ID: 39531870

Featured Post

Simplify Active Directory Administration

Administration of Active Directory does not have to be hard.  Too often what should be a simple task is made more difficult than it needs to be.The solution?  Hyena from SystemTools Software.  With ease-of-use as well as powerful importing and bulk updating capabilities.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

Join & Write a Comment

What is the biggest problem in managing an exchange environment today? It is the lack of backups, disaster recovery (DR) plan, testing of the DR plan or believing that it won’t happen to us.
Organisation is organized in a pattern to flow the day to day business, every application and system is interdepended on each other and when very important “Exchange Server downtime” happened.
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.
This video shows how to quickly and easily add an email signature for all users on Exchange 2016. The resulting signature is applied on a server level by Exchange Online. The email signature template has been downloaded from: www.mail-signatures…

624 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question