Dns strange response
Posted on 2013-09-30
Hello to all,
I have a quite strange problem on the dns of my AD infrastructure.
In August I made ¿¿a migration from AD based on the 2003 server and I replaced one of the 2 2003 server with one 2008 R2.
I followed the Microsoft's best practies and everything went in the best way only some problems with the DNS server.
Some clients configured with the DHCP server started to not work, "Not Work" is must intended that not resolved dns queries so I set the parameters in a static IP addressement and, after that, all clients started.
I've 2 DNS Server and one of them, the secondary, always worked.
I made a change in DHCP parameters, changed the old primary with the new one.
After a while all seems to go in good way but sometimes, some client, cannot resolve a server stored in DMZ zone.
To explain my configuration I must say that I've an external zone configurated in primary zone of my AD, I did it for maintaning the same resolution from inside and outside my company.
Now the problem ... sometimes my client (DHCP or Static) resolved the DMZ server and sometimes no.
If I use a nslookup the response from the dns server is 2 timed out and after the correct IP of server.
I tried to change primary with secondary but without solution only if i tried to resolve it from a server after that all start to function till 2/3 ours after that no way to resolve it.
I'll goingo to eliminate this "hybrid" zone but need to know this strange behavior.
Thanks and best regards