Can I ask a few basic questions on SQL Server and SQL clustering:
1. Is it a specific tool/software that manages SQL Server clustering? What’s the name of the software that manages the SQL clustering?
2. How can you see what servers and databases are in a SQL cluster?
3. And is every MSSQL database replicated onto each of the other servers in the cluster?
4. Do you still need to backup each of your databases? Or do you just backup the cluster? or does the fact they are clustered mean you dont need a backup anymore?
5. Is there anything that can go wrong with SQL Server clustering, or any poor clustering designs/decisions?
6. if you were tasked with looking at the configuration of an MSSQL cluster what would you be looking for in terms of best practice/bad practice?
Sorry for the basic level of question but I am not a DBA doing this for continuity risk assessment. Much prefer comments aimed at management level as opposed to being directed to techie links.