I am planning to buy a server for my office . Currently we have 4-5 users. The use of this server is going to be ;
1. Store all work related files ( so anybody can access these). Files can be of many types PDF, excel, word and images
2. Put the database file of MS access application we use onto this server, so all users can connect to this database for work.
3. Install MS SQL in future and convert this Access application to SQL based (This is planned in future)
Currently I have 4-5 users, and I do not expect the number of users to go beyond 10 in a long future time horizon. Each user also has a full fledged desktop unit with all MS office, mail etc products and they will use this desktop to connect to server.
SO my question ;
1. Which MS server edition and what kind of license I need ?
2. Do I need CAL license ?
3. What server specs are recommended ?