I have a very, very strange issue with my BT Infinity.
When I browse the Internet, 20% of pages I want to open, it takes like 3-10 seconds where the browser stays at 'waiting for xxxxxx' before loading this page (similar to dns issues when a PC cannot resolve an IP address and waits forever). It is weird as it is not the same page every time. I can e.g. open 10 pages without any issues and then 3 pages are slow as hell. When I try them again, sometimes they are fast sometimes not. No obvious connection here...
What I have checked so far:
- speedtests show 60Mbps/12Mbps, 7-15ms
- DNS servers hard coded to google and later to open-dns, tested with nslookup - fast and no issues
- tested with two wired devices - the same problem
- ping check ran for 24 hours: 99,9999% received, a few pings dropped only!
- no speed issues, tested with ftp
: download speed was around 7MBps and stable
- no issues with Skype (including video skype).
- tried different browsers on these two PCs
Not sure what else I can do. I can imagine it will be a nightmare trying to explain it to a 1st line support BT engineer over the phone...
There is an ASA 5505 at the end of this VDSL line