I've been reading (and testing) around refreshing vs. requerying forms and fields, and I'm still confused.
I have a form that takes a while to requery, so I'm looking for alternatives.
Questions (all these presupposed that the record is in the original recordset, i.e. was not added or deleted):
1) If I refresh, and assuming that the record is already in the recordset, the underlying fields are supposed to display the updated data, right?
2) If I am only interesting in 1 field, if I refresh just that control, does that achieve the same thing?
3) How is refreshing a field different from recalc?
4) How about a field that is a function (UDF) called within the SQL query - if this needs to be updated, do I need to do a requery, or will a refresh of that field work?
5) If a field on the form is based on an IIF statement, for example, will a refresh update this field, or do I need a recalc or requery of the underlying recordsource?