I have two DCs as the following:
- Windows Server 2003 R2 + SP2 (DC/DNS)
- Windows Server 2012 (DC/DNS)
- Forest/Domain Functional level Windows Server 2003.
- FSMO (5) roles are on Windows Server 2012 DC.
- Both DCs are in the same forest/domain (ABCD
No Exchange server in the environment.
My domain name is created with Single Label Domain (ABCD
I am facing an issue with creating a two ways Forest Trust between my ABCD
domain and my second domain/forest 1234.com
The DNS forwarder is setup correctly including Zone Transfers between the two forests.
The error that I am getting while trying to create the trust is the following:
[The New Trust Wizard cannot continue because the specified domain cannot be connected, either the domain does not exist or network...]
I am able to reach and run nslookup
from both forests.
Both forests are on the same LAN but on different network subnet, routing is enabled between both subnet and I can ping all my DCs.
I want to rename my ABCD
domain to ABCD.net
How can I rename the SLD domain safely?
Thank you in advance.