I have a 4 member DAG. We recently moved 2 servers form our office to new location over the weekend. Prior to the move I suspended the database copies.
After the move I fixed all DNS issues and activate the database copies. It says it is Healthy but, the Content Index State is in Failed state. So, I deleted the the copy and recopied the databases again to the server. Still no good, I ran this command:
Update-MailboxDatabseCopy "Mailbox\server" -CatalogOnly
I received this error:
The mailbox database copy 'mailbox\Server' has failed to update from server . Do you want to clean up that update request
now? Seeding cannot be requested for the same database copy until the failed request has been cleaned up by the server,
which should automatically happen within 15 minutes.
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
I answered yes and I got another error:
A source-side operation failed. Error Content indexing operation failed with the following message: The seeding operation encountered an error while trying to contact the search service. Error: Microsoft Exchange Search Service may not be
running on server name. Specific RPC error message: Error 0x6d9 (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper) from cli_Dismount. [Database: servername, Server: servername.domain.com]
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy], CiSeederRpcOperationFailedException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FBA9A63E,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.UpdateDatabaseCopy