I have a requirement to move my existing SharePoint 2010 Enterprise content (sites, lists, permissions, infopath forms etc) onto a new server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise). The new server will also be part of a new domain and a seperate SQL server already exists containing the existing SharePoint content databases. Would the process be as follows:
1. Install SharePoint 2010 Enterprise, Service Pack 1 & 2, Cumulative Update Aug 2013 onto the new server.
2. During the SharePoint installation, join the new installation to the existing content databases.
3. Create a new SharePoint web application and site collection (or will these be created during the above database join?)
4. Activate all required enterprise features within the SharePoint farm.
5. Redeploy all the InfoPath Forms and any custom code.
6. Move all services/service apps in Central Administration (Or will all services have to be created again?)
7. Remove roles from the old Server.
8. Remove old Server from the farm.
Does moving onto a new domain complicate matters?
Any advice appreciated.