OK, so this is a bit convoluted. I need to find a way to rip out Office 2013 Pro Plus Trial completely from a bunch of PCs.
Here's the history:
- Installed Office 2013 Pro Plus 64 bit Trial
- Accounting Application needed 32 bit verion of Outlook so....
- Installed Office 2013 Pro Plus 32 bit Trial
- Everything works
- Don't need Pro Plus so order Home and Business
- Uninstall Pro Plus
- Install Home and Business
- All seems to work until.....
- Accounting application will not email -- mapi32.dll not found etc.
- Look at the Office Home and Business info and find that part of Office thinks it is an activated version of Office Home and Business, but if you look at "more" details it states that I have an unactivated version of Office Pro Plus.
- Thought "Gee, maybe if I reinstall Office Home and Business it will straighten itself out." - So.... reinstalled Office Home and Business through the Control Panel, I now have no mention of Office Home and Business but only an unactivated version of Office Pro Plus Trial!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh......I have about fifteen of these PCs -- too many to want to re-do by hand, but not enough to attempt to create and test a script or GPO.
At any rate, has anyone else had this or similar issue and found a resolution to completely uninstalling Office Pro Plus Trial so that the new install of a different version of Office actually installs correctly?