I am working on a project requiring some scripting to add attributes for AD users.
I am helping a school district migrate to Office 365 for all students. Originally, their admin set up a bunch of Cloud users with email addresses. We need to integrate them with the local domain, so they can work with local resources, etc..
I have set up the upn suffix of their Cloud domain on their local servers and federated it. That part works fine.
When we attempted to synchronize the accounts, the process created a 2nd account, rather than merging the two, as intended. I discovered the reason this occurred is there are missing attributes in the user accounts that need to be there, or the merge will not work.
The three attributes are:
MailNickName = firstname.lastname@example.org
proxyAddresses = email@example.com
It turns out when the users were created originally on the local server that hardly any attributed where configured, which is making it difficult to query, so I can populate the necessary fields.
I have attached a couple screen shots of two accounts for examples to go by. (notice the missing logon name, which I need populated too) I need to change or update 1500+ users where all three attributes equal firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been working with an individual who knows much more about scripting than I. We have used the Powershell for everything done thus far, but could not get past the continued errors.You can reference the original question here: bit.ly/H1jAqV