I used a script that re-registered a bunch of DLLs on this computer because it had worked well on several other computers here. And while it helped some things, it seems to have broken several links and functions on my Start Menu and maybe somewhere else.
The Default Internet (web browser) and Default Email are not working on the menu or anywhere else like in email. If I click on a link in Outlook Express or Thunderbird, nothing happens.
The 'Run', 'Search', 'Help and Support', and 'Set Program Access...' links don't work. All of these cause a dialog to popup that says 'Windows can't put a shortcut here.' The 'Connect To' link does nothing and it and the 'Administrative Tools' links don't expand like they should to show other menu choices.
I have used the Start Menu Properties to try to change these things and in fact, removed them and added them back and they still didn't work. I also tried to set the Defaults in the Control Panel under 'Set Program Access...' and the selections wouldn't stick there.