I have a few clients [5 users] that cannot connect to Exchange server from any laptop or desktop with OUTLOOK.Everything else seems to be fine; Lync, IPhone, webmail.
Users are hosted on different DBs, and they use outlook 2010 latest SP and Outlook 2013
Our exchange environment as per below:
2 CAS/HUB servers for each site. Windows 2008 R2 OS. Exchange 2010 SP3 version.
2MBX/UM servers for each site. Windows 2008 R2 OS. Exchange 2010 SP3 version.
The rest of users are connecting to outlook without any issues.
Troubleshooting steps taken so far:
At server level:
. Check the status of DAGs, DBs, replication, etc. no issues
. Check of the problematic mailboxes. no issues
. no obvious errors from app/sys logs
At client level
• user gets her emails from iPhone and webmail no problem
• Created new profile but I get the same error message:
• You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your outlook data file (.ost).
• I logged in as me I can use outlook without any issue.
• I gave her new laptop loaner she gets the same message when we start outlook.
• Close outlook, and Lync client. Go to task manager and make sure to kill outlook/communicator/UCMapi.ex *32 processes
• From windows explorer, find any OST file associated to this user, take a backup to an alternate folder, then delete all OST files of user and any other user.
• From control panel, delete all outlook profiles.
• Go to command prompt, run cmd as elevate admin rights, and type gpupdate/force. Once this task is completed, enter N and do not reboot the laptop
• Create a new outlook profile for user.