I'm currently in the process of testing Ninite Pro via SCCM to deploy applications to my network PC's, So far i have performed the following tasks
1. Created a local share on the SCCM server for the install media and the Xcopy bat file.
2. Created a collection group and added my test machines to this group
3. Shared my install media out using the system account (full control) and the everyone user (read Only) and set my NTFS permissions so everyone has read and system has full control.
4. Created a package called Ninite Pro install and set the source to the local share created earlier(\\servername\ninitepro, i also set the package to access the distribution folder through common ConfigMgr package share
5. Created a program using the following settings:
- CMD - NiniteProTrial.exe / select "Citrix Receiver" / silent %NiniteLog% /allusers
- Start in - C:\NinitePro\
- Runs at any time with admin priv using UNC path
- All other options are left as default
6. Created an advertisement using the following settings:
- Copied package to the ConfigMgr local share on the SCCM server
- Set to run from DP
- No mandatory assignment or expiry on package
- Class security allowed to all admin accounts and NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
- Instance Security rights only to my admin account
I can successfully Xcopy the installer file to a local folder called C:\NinitePro\ but when i try to run the program from that location i receive this error - Failed - Cannot connect - A connection with the server could not be established - 216
From what i can tell its a security issue somewhere but i cannot locate the cause of the fault, if anyone has any other information on something i have missed i would love to hear it!!
Thanks again in advance!